About Enlace Comunitario
Learn more about Enlace through the video below.
Enlace Comunitario transforms the lives of individuals and their families experiencing domestic violence by working to decrease gender inequity and intimate partner violence in the Latinx immigrant community in Central New Mexico.
Enlace envisions a New Mexico wherein Latinx immigrants become a collective force that creates a community free of gender inequity, violence, and injustice.
Enlace’s genesis in 2000 as a social justice organization is a story of meeting community needs in the wake of a survivor’s tragic death during a domestic violence (DV) incident. Since that time, our team has focused on providing previously unavailable DV survivor services to Spanish-speaking immigrants and their families.
Enlace provides direct services to over 800 families a year and serves many more through community outreach and leadership development.
Enlace’s community-centered work is guided by our organizational values—each of which informs how we promote gender equity; foment an organizational culture predicated upon integrity, justice, respect, and dignity; and honor the diversity of experience within EC’s staff, board, and client communities.
- Gender Equity & Justice: We endeavor to promote and foster social and gender equity for all, regardless of immigration status.
- Concientización: We believe in the power of collective community wisdom and action to effect equitable community change. We work to engage the community while understanding the root causes of intersecting oppressive structures.
- Dignity & Respect: We believe in honoring the feelings, wishes, rights, traditions, and inherent value of each individual.
- Diversity: We believe in the power of inclusivity—and how diversity of thought and experience can effect meaningful change at community and systems levels.
- Integrity: We believe that honesty and ethically oriented, transparent communication help inform proactive change and support for our client communities.
- Non-Religious: We believe that operating under religious neutrality allows us to provide accessible support for our client communities.