A Case Study of the Enlace Comunitario Promotora Model
In 2012, Enlace evaluated the success of our Promotora Prevention Project, a domestic violence survivor leadership and prevention program.
Here’s what we learned.
Thanks to the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation for funding this evaluation.
3 Key Prevention Factors
1. Ability to identify domestic violence
2. Knowledge of prevention strategies
3. Increase in community leadership & self-esteem
3 Key Recommendations
1. Focus on DV as a social problem.
2. Build in evaluation up front.
3. Engage and train survivors as community leaders.
Building Social Capital
Violence Affects the Whole Family
“Children in early elementary school with a history of exposure to violence and/or are victims of violence score significantly lower on reading ability (almost 10 points lower in reading achievement).”
For the full Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Executive Summary click here.